Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Oprah Good Ideas

Oprah had a bunch of good ideas on her show today. Most of them had to do with saving money. One that I really liked was unplugging anything you are not using. The lady that does this brought her bill from $260 to $60. That is amazing! I didn't think I had many things plugged in but going around my house I found 13 things, including the microave, toaster, night lights, chargers, dvd player, etc. I'm gonna see how much this changes my bill next month.

The other thing I liked-is something I already do! I felt like I should've been on the show haha. I am having a big head moment, but I can save some mad money on a grocery trip. I usually save at LEAST 40% but it averages around 50%. The other day I saved 68%!!! WOO HOO! And that was shopping sales, not even using coupons! I think I'm gonna add up the savings and see how much I save in a year. The lady on Oprah has saved around $72,000 in the last 15 years!

Another idea was swapping furniture. Two lady friends switched out furniture with each other for a little redecorating.

Another lady took money out of the bank every Friday and divided it into 6 envelopes: takeout, gas, groceries, etc. Not a bad way to do it.

Pretty cool-

For all the other ideas see Oprah.com

1 comment:

Kamala Crockett said...

Ya Chad unplugs everything most every night and especially if we are leaving town. I get frustrated having to plug in the computer and internet modem every time but I guess it does save money! You should do coupon sense. It is super easy once you learn the system and it is crazy how much money you can save! I get so many things free each week it's awesome! Yesterday I went for a quick trip and got crescent rolls for 25 cents! I love getting good deals and saving money!