Friday, September 11, 2009

Where were you when the world stopped turning?

I remember this morning 8 years ago today. I had just turned 16 and was getting ready for High School. I was walking from the bathroom to my bedroom while putting my hair in a ponytail. As I crossed the living room my eye caught the movie playing on TV. It looked pretty real so I started watching it. It took me a minute but then I realized that it was, in fact, REAL. I stood there, frozen, still holding my hair up, and when my arms started going numb I snapped back into reality. I went into my parents' room and we watched together.

As I got to school there was a buzz going around. Most knew, some didn't, there were rumors, all were silent. We watched the events unfold on tv that morning in Mrs. Jones Homeroom class. She talked to us about it, and we shared our feelings. Mrs. Hughes had us write our feelings in our journal.

The rest is history, but those few hours of the morning of September 11, 2001 will be forever in my mind.

I wish we "remembered" more often. It is so amazing to see the community and country come together.

To the men and women who suffered that day, to their families,
Thank you.

To those who are still serving or who have lost their life serving since that day,
Thank you.

Thanks to our dear friend Brandon. Those words will never come close to paying justice for the ultimate sacrifice you made for our country, and for me.

I hope we all can...


ALWAYS REMEMBER

NEVER FORGET

9-11-01