Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bad dreams and repentance at 18 months

BAD DREAMS:
Last night at about 4am I had just finished putting Braden back to sleep when Brooke woke up. I laid him down and could hear Brooke in her room. She was just sitting there saying, "Mommy? Daddy? Grandma? Mommy? Grandma?" over and over. Usually if she's been up this long she'll get out of bed. I went in there and she was just sitting there. I gave her a hug and shushed her a little and noticed she was looking at something. I picked her up and asked her what she was looking at. She said, "Horsey" and pointed to the vacuum in her room. "Oh honey. It's just the vacuum" I said. She said, "Oh. Oh. Ok." I turned on the light to show her but it was too bright for her to see so I stepped out of her room. She got a startled look again and looked up at the clock. I realized that the tick tock of the clock was so loud it was scaring her. I stepped away from that and she said, "doggy?" I had to assure her that there was nothing in the house that could hurt her. Dogs and horseys and kitties are all outside. After a prayer and some milk and cuddling she relaxed a while later and fell back asleep. I felt so bad that she was so startled. (Later that night I had a dream about dogs in our house! HAHA...)

REPENTANCE:
Brooke was eating her cheese roll up and all of a sudden just threw it at me! WHAT?! So I told her that wasn't acceptable. I told her to take her food and eat it in time out. Also, to pray to Heavenly Father and tell him what she did wrong and to say sorry to Him. After that she could come back and apologize to me.
Well, I got busy with Braden and about a minute later looked over and she had her arms folded and eyes closed! I was so touched! She was repenting! When she was done she told me sorry and we went on with the day. I love that girl!

1 comment:

Kelly Merrell said...

Oh my gosh, that little repentance prayer story is so cute. I hope our son will be that sweet. Sadly I'm already thinking he's got too many Merrell genes. :)