Tuesday, June 9, 2009

So much more

Here are a few (of the 400 pictures) that I took at Girls' Camp. Don't know if you just listen more to the Spirit as a leader, but this year was exceptional. It was so much more than a fun week at camp. I learned and re learned things that have changed my life greatly. I am so thankful I had the chance to be a part of that great experience.

But it's not all serious right? What's camp without a little chubby bunny? Huh?
This is me attempting chubby bunny with grapes (a pastime of Chelsey and mine).
This is about 20 grapes...
Beat my old record at 31 grapes!!! CHUBBY BUNNY!
If you look close you can see the drool...

Our Prince Charmings, Bro. Ferguson, Bro. Bingham, Pres. Peck, and Pres. Sanders!

Prince Charming and Fairy Godmother
Love these guys!

The wonderful YCLs. I made some great new friends!

Ok, onto one of the greatest experiences. It is hard for me to try and explain the feelings I had this day. We had a virtue hike and a talk from Pres. Sanders. We then gave each girl a flag and walked up to Virtue Peak where Sister Konopnicki challenged each of us to live the words of the YW theme. We then each planted a flag to symbolize this promise. Pres. Sanders then dedicated the hillside as Virtue Peak and shared some wonderful words with us, afterwhich the big virtue flag was hoisted up.

I know that I can't relay the feeling that was there. I don't really feel like I should try either, as this is a public blog and the thoughts and feelings there are so very special. I wouldn't mind sharing them one on one but for the sake of this blog will say that my life will forever be different because of this day.

One thing I learned that I will share is that we are not born with virtue. It is something earned...therefore, if we lose it, we can get it back!

Hence the words on the flags, "Return to Virtue"





Good ol' Pres. Peck had the spirit stick handed down
to him and represented very well!
Love President Sanders! Filled the shoes in the tu-ti-ta
exceptionally well and even added a booty shake at the end!

Me, Brooke, and Annie....Trouble!
LOVE these two!

When you steal my camera and take random pictures,
they're gonna end up on a public blog so WATCH OUT!!

Jody and Karen (Queen 1 and Queen 2) Love the good
ol hugs you get and give at camp. Why can't we be that
loving back at home?
HaHa, Even the Stake President must bow to the
QUEEN! HAHA, love ya Jody!
What a fun group!
I forgot to mention what the theme was this year- "Daughter of a King" Does it get any better than that? Sister K. said something along these lines, "when we truly know who we are, temptation loses its power." I believe that! I have felt that! I am a Daughter of a King and from this day forward I hope to act like I am!
I had an overall great experience-obviously :) I think that camp has become so much more spiritual as the world has become so much more wicked. We have to arm ourselves and the youth every chance we can!
I wish I had the time to upload all the pictures...I could have a blog just dedicated to that!

2 comments:

Nancy and Spencer said...

Ahhh yes. Girls Camp! :)

Terry and Heather said...

LOoks like you don't get on very much, but its Heather Lee I talked to you the other day at the Red Box in Walmart. Lets get together sometime even if its just us and the kids.

480 285 8262 or you can e-mail me at barbie310@hotmail.com